Thursday, 4 August 2011

Welcome to the grand unveiling!


Well, that took forever, didn't it?

Okay, so I'm lazy. Blogging is hard, man!

Ahem....allow me to kick things off by introducing myself:


My name's Lana Polansky. I'm 20-something female university student from Montreal, Canada. I'm a total media-phile; I love cinema, TV, art, music and literature--and I'm passionate about gaming. As it happens, I'm also an associate staff writer for Kill Screen. I write news pieces, reviews, features and so forth for our website. My whole spiel is about how games intersect art and daily life in very primal, human ways despite their increasing technical and conceptual complexity...you know what? Read my About Me blurb on the right sidebar--or follow the More About Me tab to an entire page of my spiel. It's glorious.

While I'm here, I'd also like to explain how things are going to work: I'm going to tell you what I've been up to, and you're hopefully going to care so much that you drop everything you're doing, no matter how important (up to and including the birth of your first child) to follow my links and check out my awesome stuff.

Maybe that's not reasonable. Oh well. Sometimes life isn't reasonable. Deal with it.

When I'm not regaling you with my exploits, I'll be bringing thoughts, musings and brainfarts to the table. This will be a little more occasional, but now and again I'd to share an idea, post something that's hardly fit for publication, or just start a discussion about games and culture.

Welcome to Babies Playing Chess!

Until next time,

-Lana

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment